Just because you own VoIP Phones does not mean that you have to be treated like a complete stranger in your office. Though most companies still view VoIP Phones as a luxury product, they are also beginning to recognize how much they can benefit their businesses and how they can help boost productivity.
In order to use the data center feature of your VoIP Phones, you have to install the software on your computer or laptop and then configure it. This should be done on your home or office network. You can change the configuration settings once you get accustomed to using them.
Now that you know the basics, we can look at some of the real value. Here is a summary of some of the things you can use it for:
– Communicate: When you have to run a report or some kind of reporting on your computer, you will be able to do that with VoIP Phones. Computers like to be in charge of the whole process. You can share the entire report or simply deliver a summary of it to anyone who needs it.
– Backup: If you find yourself having an issue, you can make a backup on your computer so that you have it later on if you lose your network. Then, you can access your backup file from anywhere. This is great for filing for information about cases when you need to attend court or have to appear on a network.
– Just in case: If something happens to your PCs, you can easily restore the data by using your VoIP Phones. You do not have to wait for days or weeks to go through it. You can even leave a message on your voicemail and it will call you back within minutes. This is useful when you are not there and want to leave a message without the stress of being interrupted while you are working.
– Power cuts: If you have VoIP Phones in your office, you do not have to worry about power cuts. That is because these phones are compatible with the power supply of your computers.
– Chatting: You can talk with your friends or family members using your mobile phone calls. When you have a problem, you can use your VoIP Phones to communicate with your loved ones. And, when you need to speak to them, it will be a breeze.
– Saving important files: It is not just the basic documents and reports that need to be saved. Today, it is the mobile phone that needs to be saved.
– Security: If you have a workplace where you do not feel safe, you will be able to give your employees the best security. When you have VoIP Phones, you do not have to worry about who will be listening in on your conversations. These phones can be connected to any network, from your office to your home.
– Traveling: A lot of people nowadays choose to work from home, especially if they are not tied down to their office. It is nice to be able to stay in touch with your family and even loved ones, if you happen to be on a business trip. If you use VoIP Phones, you can even check your email while on your vacation.
Though you will not be able to use normal call rates while traveling, it is still a great benefit. With a VoIP Phone, you can continue to work even when you are away from your home or office. So, start considering VoIP Phones for your next business plan.